IDAHO - PT 1 - THE COLOUR

Trying to sort through my America memories and photos is easier said than done. But it's been so long I have to post something! I have just finished editing, printing, and sending all my photos from Idaho, so here is Part 1 of them.

I may have only been there four days, but Idaho stole part of my heart, and I don't think I'll ever get it back. Not that I want to. From the moment my plane took off and headed to Portland, my heart beat faster and I could hardly sit still. From Portland to Boise, I didn't. I sat next to an engineer who worked for the airline we were flying with, and I pestered him THE WHOLE TIME, asking the names of mountains we were flying past, what the weather was like, etc. Yep, I was THAT passenger, the ones I dread sitting next to! But by the time we flew into Boise, my excitement had rubbed off on him and HE couldn't sit still, pointing over me out the window, telling me everything he knew about Boise.

I was picked up at the airport by a young couple, friends of my friend (Christina), who knew only that I would be wearing a yellow coat. They took me back to their place, made spaghetti for dinner, then we went out and stocked up on candy before playing Monopoly and Sour Apples to Apples very late into the night. I haven't laughed as hard as I did in a very long time. To be so welcomed and at once feel like family - it is medicine to my soul. I'll never forget that.

Christina came later that night, and in the morning we headed to Hailey so she could go to work. I wandered around the tiny town for a couple of hours while she worked. It was such a charming town, I fell in love on every street with the houses and the mountains and the colours. I could quite happily live out the rest of my days in a small country town like this one. (Especially if I had a cliff to climb in my backyard like the house in the first picture! That was on the way from Boise to Hailey. Can you imagine!?)

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You made the drive between us and Boise look so amazing and I guess that it is, it's just one of those things in life that if you don't stop and just blink and tell your mind to shut up you miss the whole thing. I LOVE YOUR PICTURES Annie, so amazing, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeremy! It really was amazing, I wish I could come back forever! :)

      Delete