UPDATE: [GERMANY]

An hour outside of Munich, there is a tiny village called Hurlach, and in that village is the second YWAM base in history, in a 400 year old castle. After the wild and crazy adventure we had in Israel, everything got quiet and still as we debriefed for 6 days in Germany. The sleepy village was surrounded by forests, and the air was cold. We would ride our bikes through the pines, past meadows of wildflowers and cottages with their gardens spilling out of window boxes and picket fences. We explored the creaking, winding staircases and attics, built a campfire every night as the sun went down, and lay in the castle turret at midnight to watch the shooting stars. I felt like I was walking the pages of a storybook, living my childhood fairytale dream. We could breathe again. It was healing to our souls.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD! Incredible! Such amazing shots! I don't know how I missed your last few updates, but I'm totally going to go read through them now! : )

    Hope you're well, and that you're enjoying all your beautiful travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I haven't been blogging a lot, I'm trying to catch up now!

      Delete