Shot to the Heart

I feel like doing something different on the blog, so I have this idea of doing a weekly post (maybe on Mondays?)

I want to call the feature Shot to the Heart, and each week blog a photo of mine that I really, really like. One that makes me go "Wow! I shot that!" A shot that reminds me why I am a photographer. Or someone else's photo that inspires me, and reminds me why I want to be a photographer.

I'd really like some feedback on this, so here are a few questions:

1. Is this something that you'd like to see? Something that you would look out for? (I know I don't have HEAPS of readers, but to my faithfuls, I ♥ you!, and would you want to read this? :))

2. What else would you like to see? Camera settings? Before and after Photoshopping? Prints for sale? (I want to open an etsy store one day...) Interviews with other photographers?

3. Is Monday a good day for it?

So if you could let me know what you think I'd be eternally thankful! :)

Here are 3 examples. I shot these in August last year, and I've blogged them before, but they are still favourites of mine. I love the door ones because of the perspective. This old house was on stumps so it was up to high for any kind of "normal" shot. I love seeing things in a new way and making the ordinary not-so-ordinary. Plus I LOVE old houses, I LOVE doors, and I LOVE keyholes (because I LOVE keys) :)

And even though I'm not much of a dog person, these puppy feet get me every time. They're just so cute, and I'm glad I shot from this perspective.
Looking forward to your feedback! :)

16 comments:

  1. I love the idea! You are such a cool lil lady!
    :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea and it would be a great day to start the week. I love your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea and I love seeing your photos! They are always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far so good... :D Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those of the doors and the idea of doing this as a weekly post, would DEFINITELY love that.

    (also, new to your blog and love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lizzie! Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness the puppy feet are so stinking cute. Your photos are all amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pics!! Those puppy feet ARE super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Tiff! :) Sleeping puppies are the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pictures!!
    I love the puppy feet! I just wanna kiss em.

    And yes, I will have Adam get started on a letter to your future husband stat! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha!!! :) Thanks Amber! Maybe you could give him a hand with it, just in case he misses anything... :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love your idea! Yes yes and yes for all these :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Sini!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Annie!! What an amazing idea!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Mary :)

    ReplyDelete